Florida Atlantic University College of Business
The FAU EMFAP in a nutshell:
- Premier Degree. You get a full Master of Accounting Degree, the premier degree in Accounting. This is the exact same degree that students all around the U.S. receive, only rather than taking miscellaneous electives you get a concentration in Forensic Accounting, the hottest job area in Accounting. So with full Masters of Accounting Degree you have open to you the all same career options that come with an ordinary Master of Accounting Degree, plus you get in on the fastest-growing area in accounting.
- Flexibility — You get the degree with minimal interruption in your life.
- Service — Our personal advisers are assigned to you, to handle all your relations with the university, for books, fees, tuition, registration, and so on.
- Quality and Reputation — AACSB Accreditation. Only about 10% of business schools have this premier accreditation. We’re ranked in the top10 in the U.S. for our CPA exam pass rate. Our faculty are internationally known. Insist on both national and business school regional accreditation. We have both. FAU is among the top universities in the U.S.
- Networking— Since this is an executive program, you join a network of select professionals, where you make life-long friendships. You study with a select group of students. You meet the right people, and their valuable experiences are integrated into your learning.
- ROI—Forensic Accounting is the fastest growing area in Accounting. You become a professional in 24 months.
Forensic Accounting is one of eight “careers to count on.” (U.S. News and World Report, February 18, 2002 p 46-48, 50)
“Forensic Accounting is a Hot Job.” SmartPros, 2003
The focus of this program is not on debits and credits but rather the fastest growing area within in accounting and one of the best career opportunities for the next decade.
“Forensic” means legal and investigative. Hence the program focuses on fraud investigation and prevention, dispute resolution, litigation support, valuation, expert testimony; and terrorist, money-laundering and other criminal investigations.
One of the great things about forensic accounting is that many people find it be very exciting, interesting, and fulfilling. It’s not your grandfather’s accounting!
Offered under the FAU College of Business, School of Accounting, The Executive Master in Forensic Accounting Program is a 2-year degree program leading to a Master of Accounting with a concentration in Forensic Accounting. The program is tailored to busy professionals who want to study the advanced aspects of forensic accounting under a blue-ribbon faculty and curricula. The program is offered in such a way that busy professionals can complete the entire program through web-based distance learning without ever once visiting the campus. On the other hand, virtually all courses are offered with optional on-campus lectures, so students desiring the traditional campus experience can attend the lectures as often or as little as desired.
Study Online or On-Campus–Your Choice
The on-campus lecture classes last 1 to 1 1/2 hours each, rather than the usual 3 hours, making it possible to easily attend 2 classes on Saturday mornings. Those who don’t wish to attend any given class may receive a video distributed either via the net or express mail. Videos not distributed directly over the web are distributed on CD Rom and/or DVD format, so that they can be viewable on almost any computer. Our goal is to make the videos available anywhere in the world, and even to the traveling professional who may be away from the home office for weeks at a time. Watch/listen to the lectures
If you choose to attend some or all of the time as a distance learning student you can be assured of receiving fresh, interesting and up-to-date online lectures from top experts in the field. Lectures can be downloaded to a notebook computer and listened to while driving in the car. The audio portions can even converted to standard tape or audio CD and listened to while jogging. Regardless of how you attend, you receive all the benefits of a top-notch education in an AACSB/SACS accredited business school without interrupting your life or suffering the hassles of a conventional program.
In all courses the on-campus lectures are be supplemented with professor-guided case discussion groups offered via the web. All examinations and assignments are hosted on the web, making it possible for the busy executive to complete the entire program without once visiting the campus.
A key goal of the program is to build life-long relationships among the students and faculty. Those that begin the program together will stay together throughout the entire program and become part of a small highly-personalized environment.
All lecture sessions are held in the new Higher Education Complex, located in downtown Fort Lauderdale, on the internationally-known Las Olas Boulevard, the Rodeo Drive of the East Coast.
Those attending the on-campus lectures will find the professors warm, knowledgeable, and helpful, always there to go the extra mile. No expenses are spared in providing state of the art “wired” classrooms, and the overall program schedule includes regular participation from top experts in Taxation from all around the world.
Those attending strictly via the net will find the same warmth and guidance found in the on-campus lectures. The faculty are all specially trained in ways to build warm personal relationships over the net. Many students who have taken our distance learning courses have hailed them as great learning experiences and the best courses they have taken throughout their entire academic career.
Of courses there are those students who prefer to pick and choose which on-campus classes they attend. Need to be out of town for 3 weeks? No problem. Need to attend a wedding one Saturday morning. Again, no problem. Come to campus as often or as little as you desire. Either way you will receive the same warm and friendly instruction by some of the world’s top instructors.